I am linking up with A Teeny Tiny Teacher and Miss Kindergarten for my 12 in 12!
12. Favorite Movie you watched:
Ok, I'm a big dork and I don't go to many movies. I also have incredibly poor memory and had to actually google movies that came out this year to figure out which ones I had actually been to! But I do remember going to see The Lorax which was wonderful and I remember that my kids and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
11. Favorite TV series:
The Walking Dead (followed closely by The Talking Dead because I just cannot get enough of the zombie apocalypse!) I have loved this season so far, so bummed out that the mid-season break is upon us. I can't wait for the marathon on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day - if you have not watched the series yet, you definitely should catch up during the marathon because it is the best! although, I have to admit to having a few questions: a) how in the heck did that screaming chick that died last week manage to survive almost a year in the zombie apocalypse?! You'd think that after the first month or two all the screamers would've been eaten already. b) Where is Malcolm and his kid? Will they ever meet up with Rick's group? c) Why do they feed Judith 8 ounces of formula at a time when they are low on formula?! What newborn eats 8 ounces?! Just think of how much they have to be wasting considering they have no refrigeration!
10. Favorite Restuarant: Ummm. Hmmm. I like them all. Really, if I don't have to cook it, or clean up after it, I am all for eating it! But, if I had to pick one I'd say Atlanta Bread Company just because Tuesday is Kid's Night and they have a balloon guy. And I get a cookie for dessert.
9. Favorite New Thing you tried: Sadly, I can't think of anything new I tried this year. My astrological sign is Cancer, and I am a homebody who loves to snuggle up in bed and read. My idea of adventure is stopping at Hobby Lobby on the way home and trying to get out in under 30 minutes. When I feel really daring I pick up a book by an author I'm not familiar with, run a yellow light or break out the glitter at school....
8. Favorite Gift You Received: well it was my super comfy, electric blanky but those darn beagles chewed it up :(
7. Favorite Thing You Pinned: I am the world's worst pinner. I pin like crazy, I have multiple boards, and I've even attempted to organize them somewhat! But, I rarely go back to see what I pinned! It's like I have to pin all the new stuff before I can go back and actually use any of it! But, this one is one of the coolest and I'm thinking of sending out a call for milk jugs so I can do this in January....
6. Favorite Blog Post: One of the best things about having a horrible memory is that I can go back and reread old blog posts and have no recollection of actually writing it, so I always find little gems when I look back. One of my favorite posts was The Underwear Bandit Strikes Again. A close second was my 100th Day post since we had so much fun that day and I loved our projects!
5. Favorite Accomplishment: I'm the PTA president for our school and pretty much the only active member :( But, I managed to put together a Fall Carnival with only the help of 3 pre-teens! The pre-teens and I set up all the games, made the signage, prepared the nachos and chili, put all the drinks on ice, and briefed all the teachers on running their games when they showed up 2 minutes before the doors opened. I even ran the face painting booth and some very sweet children allowed me to draw on their faces and didn't even cry afterwards! We made a whopping $250 after expenses which is going to buy some paper and lamination!
4. Favorite Picture:
Okay, this picture actually ran on my guest blog over at PreK + K Sharing, but I love it anyways. The colors just turned out so pretty and I love seeing them all together in the windowsill!
3. Favorite Memory: Ok, this linky is seriously hard on those of us with bad memories! I have to take tons of pictures of everything I do to remember it, so its hard to think of favorite memories without looking through a photo album. I will share one from our trip to California this year. We went to Seal Beach and when we left I insisted on bringing 2 buckets of sand with us so I could use them in my sand & water table so my kiddos could experience real California sand lol. Well those 2 buckets managed to get knocked over and spilled about a dozen times on the trip back to Oklahoma, it was absolutely hilarious trying to keep those buckets upright while avoiding the "I told you so" looks from ym husband who thought I was completely nutty! I still have sand in my van from it! But, the kids loved seeing the sand and shells I brought back, so it was worth it in the end!
2. Goal for 2013: Go back to school for my Masters. I really want to, but worry about finding the time and adding to my already huge student loan bill!
1. One Little Word: Presence. As in, be present in the moment instead of thinking about work when I'm with my family. There are lots of times when my husband will get disgruntled because I'm not paying 100% attention to what he's saying because I'm trying to think of a new strategy to reach one of my kiddos or thinking about a project I'm working on etc. I want to be able to savor the time I spend with my family, my eldest will be off to college in just 5 short years! Of course, at work I need to be present in the moment to - sometimes I'm so busy thinking about the next thing we need to learn, or the next project, that I forget to enjoy the now and acknowledge the perfection of the moment.
Whew! That was harder than I thought it would be! If you made it through to the end, you are a rock star in my world! Remember to go and enter my giveaway for the $50 Kohls' gift card too!