A Leprechaun Visit! (Freebie!)

We have kicked off our last week before Spring Break with a bang! We are rocking our math benchmark (sigh for benchmarks in 1st grade!) but more importantly, twin leprechaun brothers aren visiting our room all week!

Yesterday we read The Naughty Leprechaun Story which came with a sweet note from Liam that since we have Spring Break next week he and his brother would come visit us at school this week. The kids were quick to brainstorm a list of "school treasure" that the leprechauns might leave, and pranks that might be pulled if we're naughty.
Luckily everyone was on their best behavior and Liam left us a little treasure in the form of stickers, St. Patrick's Day pencils and a new book!
Tomorrow we will be using some of the writing prompts in my FREE How to Plan a Leprechaun Visit and Friday we'll go on our scavenger hunt! The rest of the week we'll be using my St. Patrick's Day Lucky Leprechaun Math unit and playing many of my St. Patrick's Day I have Who has? literacy games! 

I'm not sure if this is my favorite week of the school year because of the magic of leprechauns or because Spring Break is just a few days away!

1 comment:

Cindy Calenti said...

What a fun way to kick off spring break! Thanks for the freebie and I hope you have a fun and relaxing spring break.

Cindy
Granny Goes to School

Popular Posts