Fun Finds, Plus Ten Frames and Sight Words!

If you are in the Kansas City area, you are so lucky! When I went to our blogger meet-up, Erica of The Eagle's Nest (she's from Joplin, MO) introduced us to a fabulous teacher store: U.S. Toy. Apparently there are other locations in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles and Orlando, so if you live near one, you need to go see it!

Here is the panorama shot of the store:



I could have spent all day in this place! As it was, I made out like a bandit on several purchases:

I bought stamps for Ocean, Dinosaur and  Insects:

I plan to use these to encourage writing - they can stamp their story and then write about it!

I also got these super cute spin top dice - how cool are these for jazzing up math center? Not to mention the fine motor practice they'll get while spinning! I'll have to set up some kind of try to keep them in - I plan on having them spin two and add or subtract them :)


Then I bought a whole slew of mini erasers - penguins, sports balls, candies and fast food:


I will use these in Math Center too - as manipulatives for counting, adding and subtracting, as well as game tokens.

I'm kind of glad that U.S. Toy is so far away - I would spend far too much money if there was one near me!

In other news, I created a new Animal Ten Frame pack! This one is for your Ocean, Farm and Zoo/Jungle themes!  

I adore these graphics, and the fact that my kiddos will know exactly what to do with the cards and recording sheets since we've used similar packs in the past. I love activities that I can switch out easily to match themes, but that don't require me to reteach the whole center!

I also made some more Sight Word card games - each one covers all 220 Dolch Words and can be played 3 ways. I also included blank cards so you can add your own words if you want! Just click on the images to check them out in my TPT store!



Be sure to keep an eye out on my Facebook page tonight for some fun flash discounts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great store! I recommend Learning Express stores too - fun, friendly, and always the perfect gift.
Lisa
www.smarttatts.com

Popular Posts