Must Have Monday with Blog Hoppin!

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' today for Must Have Monday for Teacher Week!

I tell you, as someone who just moved into a new room, where the SmartBoard is sitting in the warehouse, awaiting the techie guys to come install it, my main must have is for that work order to be fulfilled! I did not realize how much I rely on my SmartBoard until I tried to teach on Friday without it. Sure I have a ton of cds on hand, but it's so much easier to just go to my youtube play list for all  those brain breaks, phonics or math songs! At one point, trying to keep them occupied while I went over bus lists with our counselor, I even had them doing The Itsy Bitsy Spider (with gorilla and ant versions for good measure)! Had my SmartBoard been installed I could have quickly put on a phonics sound and allowed them to get in some review time while I conversed with the counselor. (and here's hoping there are no similar interruptions today - I swear I had 20 people tromping in and out of class on Friday for one thing or another!)

 My other must have is a night of continuous sleep!  If someone can figure out how I do that, please let me know! Last night I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep until 5:30am! The night before that I tossed and turned all night with leg cramps. The night before that it was nightmares about school - losing kiddos, getting in trouble with my principal etc. This mean that I spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday either taking a nap - time I could have used for other purposes, or so tired that I might as well have been asleep! I am going to take some Tylenol PM tonight and hope that helps!

Other than those two issues, I have all I can wish for - 22 happy, relatively well behaved firsties, a beautiful new room, an actual schedule and great coworkers! I am excited to start this week!  Have a great Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Classroom Ponderings said...

Hi Jennifer,
I know what you mean about sleep!! I always have those "wake up in the middle of the night" sleeps when I go back to school. I call it my fast brain attacks because it seems like my brain is whirring a zillion miles an hour with everything I need to do or forgot to do. It eventually goes away when you realize that that life will go on whether or not you got those borders up on your pinboard.(;
Here's hoping you get some sleep
Tania
Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

Popular Posts