It's about a 6 ft by 5 ft area, piled high with boxes and miscellaneous debris. At the front were several boxes that were only 1/2 full and seemed to back up his claim that all of this is a pile of junk that we have, for some unknown reason, been bringing with us from house to house. At that point my darling husband walked into the garage (on his lunch break) and growled at me not to mess with his precious garage and that it's bad enough he had to give me a corner already for my stuff, I better not start pulling boxes out of the cubby too. Well of course, as soon as he went back to work, I set about pulling boxes out of the cubby area.
I'm like that.
I got about 1/2 way through the pile and suddenly hit teaching gold. All sorts of bins and boxes, crates and containers, full of teaching stuff! Some of it was organized previously, but most of it, I am sad to say, is a huge mess. One of those - "Let me stick it in a box and I'll get around to organizing it all on Fall Break" (or Christmas Break, Spring Break etc) - types of things. Some of it was also from our last move when I piled teaching stuff into crates because we ran out of boxes - never intending for it to get buried in the garage forever.
I pulled most of it out of the cubby and then bribed the children with Kool-Aid to help me bring it upstairs (we are not Kool-Aid drinkers normally but I had some left over from my end-of-year gifts to my firsties) So now, I have approximately 457,892 boxes and crates in my computer room, just waiting for me to unpack and organize.
Why on earth did I not listen to my husband and leave that darned cubby area alone?!
See what being a smart alec can get you?
I still have about 4 more boxes in the cubby that I know are school related, but there's no room in the computer room for now. Guess that means I should get off the computer and organize right?
Nope, instead I'm going to go enter Lakeshore Learning's new contest!
· Simply ‘Like’ Lakeshore’s Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/lakeshorelearning)
· Click on the Entry form and submit a picture of your child participating in their favorite summer learning activity! From a visit to the local zoo, to nature walks to fun family road trips and everything in between!
· Spread the word by encouraging family and friends to ‘Like’ the submitted photo
· The top photos with the most ‘Likes’ --WIN!
· Winners: 5 lucky fans will be awarded with a $1,000 e-gift card! PLUS everyone who enters will receive a special discount coupon as a thank you for their participation.
· Time Frame: Begins June 4th-June 30th and Winners will be announced on July 2nd
I'm going to start combing through pictures to see which to enter :) If you enter yourself let me know so I can vote for yours too! Imagine what you could do with a Lakeshore gift certificate that big!