Tammy @ Live, Love, Laugh is hosting a linky party for New Year's Resolutions! Here are mine for 2012:
1. Start eating at home more often - between our busy schedules, and forgetting to thaw meat for dinner, my family eats out WAY too much. My husband and I are resolving to save the eating out for only special occasions.
2. Spend more time with my boys individualoly. I already have a "Girls Day Out" with my daughter, now I need to figure out something that each of the boys and I can do together!
3. Stay on top of the laundry - with a 6 person household this is critical for happy mornings!
1. Incorporate more "play" into every day! My classroom is still set up like a kindergarten classroom for the most part - tables rather than desks and lots of "centers", but I've been afraid to use my centers because for some reason I thought 1st grade was supposed to be more "serious". But, play is a great way of reinforcing concepts and motivating students, so I need to use all my goodies!
2. Stay on top of my printing/laminating/cutting so that I can USE all the great ideas I find! So many times I can't get my materials organized in time to use it all in class!
3. Stay on top of my paperwork so my desk doesn't always look like a recycling bin threw up on it!
1. Build my network of blogging friends by hosting more linky parties and giveaways and participating on other's blogs.
Be sure to head over to the party to contribute your own resolutions - I can't wait to read them and be inspired!
My next linky party is for the Holly Bloggy Christmas I participated in over from Sarah at Kindergarten Korner and Caitlin at Ms. Preppy!
I had a blast with this gift exchange - I made my first rag wreath for my bloggy buddy and received some really neat goodies too!
My Holly Bloggy partner was Leea from Set this Circus Down. She hasn't posted in a while, but I'm hopeful that the New Year will see more blogging from her! Here's what I made for Leea, based on her favorite color being Sage green:
This was my first attempt at a rag wreath and I hope she likes it!
And, to add a practical touch, I got her this notepad set with pads for each month of the year!
Here's what I got to open on Christmas morning from Terri at The Creative Apple!
Isn't it darling?!
Now I can indulge my Pepsi Max passion in style!
Go check out the linky parties at Ms. Preppy's and Kindergarten Korner to see what everyone else received! If you missed out on this gift exchange or had so much fun that you'd like to participate in another, what would you think about having a Secret Cupid gift exchange for Valentine's Day? I say let's keep this ball rolling all year long!