Three for Thursday

Blog Hoppin

I'm Blog Hoppin' again! Today the topic is Three for Thursday: your favorite font, blog and online resource:

My favorite fonts are:


"How Cute" - free to download!



Babysitter - also free!


"A Year Without Rain" - also free!

Hmm seeing a theme yet? If it's free and resembles standard block printing then I'm using it! If I'm making a worksheet for my kids then I just use Comic Sans. I don't like to confuse them with too many different ways to write their letters before they've learned the basics! Our district mandates Standard Block print rather than D'Neilian btw.

 

My favorite blogs are:
I couldn't pick just one and all of these share great ideas and give a lot of FREEBIES!

Mrs. Bainbridge's Class

First Grade Factory

First Grade O.W.L.s


Mrs. Wills Kindergarten



My favorite online resource:

This one is tough, of course there's Pinterest, but honestly I haven't totally gotten into it yet, my DIY gene sort of wars with my impatience gene, so my crafts usually don't come out half as cute as I want them too - although I did do these clipboards and crates over the summer and was proud of myself!

I think my most favorite resource though is Mr. Harry Kindergarten's Youtube channel. He has great songs! I use his videos on my smartboard for both math and language arts. You name the skill and he has a video that goes with it! Here are 2 of my favorites:






That's it for today, can't wait to see what tomorrow's topic is! AND of course it's Friday - and I am really looking forward to this week being over! I need the weekend to sit down and figure out how I'm going to handle differentiating - I have a handful of kiddos reading at 3rd grade and up, a handful who are right on track and then more who are either slightly behind or totally behind. Math is just as varied. AND our budget is on hold again (scores are being relooked at before the money is allocated) so we may not even get tutors this year. If we don't, some of my kiddos are going to need a LOT of one on one or very small group work from me!


Don't forget to

No comments:

Popular Posts