Valentine's Day on the Brain

Whew! I am exhausted, and I haven't even started my lesson plans yet! I just finished up my February/March Ten Frames pack! I am super excited about this one because it has such cute graphics to go along with Valentine's Day, President's Day and St. Patrick's Day! I know my kiddos will love them!
Seriously cute graphics, right?!
 
If you're a FB fan, I just posted about these and am giving a set away FREE to a random commenter on my FB page, so hurry over to enter as I'll choose a winner before bedtime tonight - bedtime being whenever I finally get lesson plans done lol:)

I also picked up a couple of new Valentine's Day books this weekend. I was at my local Hastings, which is the only book store within 50 miles of our little town, and they actually had a cute display where I found these two:

           

Both of them are adorable and the Night Before Valentine's Day one even gave me some cute ideas for our own Valentine's Day celebration! I usually shop on Amazon.com because of our lack of book stores, so I was pleasantly surprised to be able to pick these up :)

I am working on a measurement pack for Valentine's Day as well. Here's a question - do you have a party for Valentine's Day? Do you make or give cards? I posted yesterday about the gumballs I found for my kiddos, and someone commented that they weren't allowed to give food to their kiddos, which had me wondering what everyone else's rules about V-Day parties are. Rustle up a response below and let me know how you celebrate Valentine's Day in the classroom!




3 comments:

Kimberley Moran said...

I love Valentine's Day. I used to make veggie and fruit shish kebobs. I used a heart cookie cutter to make them all into heart shapes. I never saw them eat so much good stuff! I just became your newest follower!

Kimberley
First in Maine

ronnie said...

i love everything :) vhair61215@gmail.com (ronnie)

Andrea said...

The kids pass out cards in bags we decorated. They can have the candy that comes with cards to eat at home. I used to do big parties with tons of food but with all the severe peanut allergies I don't do that anymore. They don't seem to miss the food because we have so much fun anyway. :)

Popular Posts