As the new school year looms closer and closer on the horizon, I am starting to panic a bit. I did not get nearly enough prepared this summer! Blame it on the sleeping late and lazy days, or the excessive pinteresting, either way, I need to get my butt in gear! Although I have been collecting tons of great ideas/files, I haven't been so good about actually printing them out, and cutting and laminating! So this linky is just what I need to focus my mind on the new school year! Here, in no particular order, are my resolutions:
1. Take 15 minutes daily to grade and return papers. Hopefully I won't have to do any more mammoth grading sessions this way! Honestly most of our "work" only requires a quick check and sticker, but I have a tendency to procrastinate.
2. Put things away right away, rather than letting them pile up. Often times I'll set something on my desk thinking "I'll file it later" or "I'll get that box out in a minute." and then get busy and never actually go back to put it away. So this resolution is to not put off until later what I can do right now. Hopefully this can help me keep my work areas tidy!
3. Do lesson plans on Friday nights so I have my weekends free! No more procrastinating until Sunday night and then trying to do everything to get ready for the week all at once.
4. LEAVE WORK AT A DECENT TIME! This one gets all caps because I am horrible at it. Some teachers are out the door at 4pm like clockwork. I know I'll never attain that standard, but leaving work at 6pm (or later) is ridiculous! So I plan to stay for only an hour after school each day. I want to be out of my classroom at 5pm, that way I can run home and get dinner on the table by 5:45! This one is going to be tough, so I'm going to tie it to another one.
5. Get my blog post up by 7:30pm so that I can spend the rest of the night OFF the computer - this way I can hang out with my kiddos, be part of their bedtime rituals and have some time with my husband too.
Okay those are my top 5. Hopefully by making them public this way I'll be more likely to stick to them! Head over to link up - I want to read about your resolutions too!