September Currently!

I actually panicked a little when I saw that the September Currently was up! How is it September already?! This year is flying! I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade! for this fun monthly linky party - thanks for keeping it going Farley!


First up - I realized the other day that I had thrown away all of my school shoes for some reason this summer. I was cleaning out closets and apparently had an anti-hoarder moment and I am now shoeless. I have been surviving with my sandals, but they severely limit my clothing choices, so I must get to a shoe store today! I am going to buy another pair of Champions - best shoes ever!

Second, if you haven't tried chocolate covered bacon - you need to! Delicious! Unfortunately I don't have any chocolate to melt so I will have to settle for nude bacon for now.

Finally - the saga of Saturday! It was my youngest's birthday so we went down to Wichita Falls to hit up the toy store there (there isn't one in our town). My van decided to overheat and keel over dead - we barely made it into the mall parking lot. I just paid the darn thing off and this happens! To be fair we've had it for 6 years and never had a problem with it, but it was poor timing! Of course, it happened at the end of the day so all of the repair shops were closed - and won't reopen until tomorrow! The rental car companies were also closed or didn't have a vehicle large enough to fit us all, so we were stranded an hour from home with 4 kids. Luckily we have a friend who has a van that was large enough to ferry us back to town and he graciously drove an hour to come get us!

Since my youngest's birthday was also seriously impacted by the car issues, this friend even lent us the bouncy house he had rented for his own daughter's party. He didn't have to return it until Tuesday, so after their party he brought it over and we set it up next to our driveway - it is massive and has entertained my children for two days now!
The hose is to keep the surface cool - it's still blazing hot here in Oklahoma! The part on the right is a slide - I caught some good pics of the kids mid-slide:




Tomorrow our friend's wife is driving the kids and I to school while my husband heads back down to Wichita Falls to see if he can get the van towed/repaired! I am crossing my fingers that the darn thing can be repaired quickly and fairly inexpensively.

Today I am making a seating chart for my sub plans - including carpet spots, planning my lessons, including what the tutors will be doing (I get push in tutors for 1/2 hour for both reading and math) and my small group rotations - so excited to finally start the real teaching instead of doing assessments!

If you missed yesterday's post, there's a freebie to match the mini erasers I found at Target on Saturday (yes, in the middle of the car drama I still managed to hit up Target!). Also,  I just created some schedule cards that are up in my TPT store that I think are darn cute! They match my Bright Colored Center Signs and Classroom Helper cards! Alright, I'm off to shoe shop! Have a great Monday everyone!

6 comments:

Megan said...

You have a seriously awesome friend! Good luck on the new car search. So much easier now with the Internet!!!

Megan
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

Lori Rosenberg said...

Chocolate covered bacon? Sounds very interesting. I'd like to try it! Talk about satisfying your need for sweet and salty.

ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Elizabeth said...

Mmmm....chocolate covered bacon. Yummy! Looks like the family had a ball on the bouncy thingys ;)

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

Kimberly said...

Oh dear... I think I almost threw up when you said chocolate covered bacon. I do love chocolate and I like bacon...but I'm a "food can't touch" kind of girl. Ha! I do love bouncy houses though!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Owl Things First said...

Everything is better with bacon...Even chocolate! I never thought of assigned carpet spots...My class this year could benefit from being assigned. I'm off to make up a chart! Thanks!!
Jenny
Owl Things First

Sarah said...

That bouncy house looks so fun!!

I wanted to invite you to check out Tuesday Ta Da's!
Link up your most recent product on Tuesdays!
Mine's a Freebie...go check it out!
http://fcsandthensome.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-tuesday-ta-da.html
Have a TA DA kind of Tuesday!
Sarah Burk

Popular Posts