August Currently!

Woohoo! It's another Currently from Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade! But wait, that means school is just around the corner - waahhhh!


You might notice that I'm doing the Currently instead of a Center post. I have something planned that needs a couple more days' work, so you'll see my Center post in conjunction with my Monday Made It post on Monday - oh the suspense, right?


First up - Japanese music videos are STRANGE. And I'm not sure why she watches them. But, while watching those videos she did come across a 3d animated short that I just loved. It's not kindergarten appropriate, but I thought it was such a clever story about numbers - maybe middle school? You really have to watch it all the way through - and notice that teachers are 9's in this world!


Next up - how sad is this coffee thermos?!
 It's one of my faves cause it keeps the coffee hot a LONG time, but my husband got it from the Army so it's not very attractive.
 But, add a coffee cozy and now it's just precious!

My friend Staci from Going Nutty has an Etsy store now and these sweet little things are available to "Cute up your Coffee"! I can't wait to take them into work and watch the jealousy :P I'm going to keep one for my thermos and one for those times I treat myself to Starbucks - no ugly naked coffee for me any more!

On the 13th our in-service begins, and on one of those days we get to see Debbie Diller! I am compiling a list of questions for her - let me know if there's anything you want me to ask her!

Yes, I need another month before school because I haven't even been in my classroom yet! I can get in on Monday but I also have to help with enrollment, so I'm not sure how much time I'll actually get in my room. In-service starts the 13th and the 17th the kids come so I am running out of time! and I've been collecting files but neglecting to print and laminate them so I I am going to have a lot of cutting and laminating in my near future! See what procrastination gets you?!

Now that I can get back in my room I will be purchasing more hermit crabs - they really are cute little buggers when you get to know them - my tank is huge so my three little guys need some new friends :). I also decided we need an ant habitat and some fish. So I am going to try for a Pets in the Classroom grant for an aquarium!

Tomorrow is "Girls Day Out" with my daughter - we go shopping, get haircuts and eat at the fanciest restaurant we can find! Hopefully I'll be able to find a  cute Meet N Greet outfit!

Alright, head over to Farley's to link up!




6 comments:

Kristen said...

That's awesome that you're going to see Debbie Diller!!!

I have to go check out Staci's work!!

Happy summer :) :)

Janine said...

I am loving that coffee cozy, too bad I don't drink coffee. I wonder what creative thing I could use it for... Debbie Diller, I am soooo jealous! I can't wait to hear what you learn from her. I have spent the week out of town and didn't bring my laminating, so I know what you mean.

Here's to a great school year!

faithfulinfirst.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

You get to see Debbie Diller!?!?! Lucky! (If you could hear me I would probably sound like a 13 year old girl talking about Justin Beiber :) And you've inspired me to go shopping for a first day back to school outfit! :) Happy August!

Nicole said...

What a cute video! And I'm freaking out as you are... can't get my keys till the 9th... I need them NOW!

Nicole

Primary Possibilities said...

I posted about your center signs in my Currently post today! Love them!


http://www.primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/2012/08/currently-and-more.html

Stephany

Lisa R. said...

I can't wait to hear about your Debbie Diller experience! I must admit I am a teeny bit jealous that you still have another month off. I am headed back to work in a little over a week. :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Popular Posts