200th Post!

Wow, I can't believe I've posted so many times in such little time! Some days it seems like just yesterday it was summer time and I was just starting this blog, other days (school days mostly!) it seems like summer was 100 years ago!

I have another observation tomorrow - this time of my reading block, so I don't have to worry about my kiddos counting on their fingers! I am hesitant though because we're a little bit loud during our small group rotations, which I don't mind but others may misinterpret. I don't mind noise as long as it's on-task noise. If they're getting loud and excited about what I'm teaching I'm all for it! It's kind of funny too because our read to self time is one of the noisiest times of the day since so many of my kiddos don't have an inner voice yet so they still read aloud to themselves. I am teaching comparative endings and to be honest I'm not quite ready with the entire lesson, so tonight's post will have to be short. But, I have a Splat the Cat surprise for tomorrow so make sure to check back to see how my observation went and pick up your freebie!

Oh, and if you have any tips for making tomorrow's observation go more smoothly I'd love to hear it! Bear in mind that flesh-colored duct tape is not available in my area though!


14 comments:

Sandra said...

LOL!! I just had an observation yesterday! He just popped in {without me knowing} and stayed for writing AND math!! Whaaat? He said he loved watching and that's why he stayed long ;)
Good luck!!
❤ Sandra
Sweet Times in First
sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Lisa said...

HAHAHAHAH!!! Flesh colored duct tape!!! You just made my day! :) I'll have to share that in our grade-level meeting tomorrow!!! ;) HEHEHE


Live Laugh and Love to Learn

Kelly said...

I just started following your super cute blog! I got observed last Friday...I'm sure you'll do great! It always seems worse than it really is... I think teachers are just perfectionists! Good luck! And come and stop by my little blog sometime if you get a chance:)

Kelly
"Kindergarten Kel

Sarah said...

Good luck with your observation! I'm sure you will do a wonderful job!

Ms. Chrissy B said...

Gooooood luck! Have an awesome day! Hopefully your admin will recognize the value of talk :)

Buzzing with Ms. B

Mrs. L said...

You will do great. Sometimes I used to bribe my kids. If they did really well I read them a fun story. But I don't think you will need that.
Life with Mrs. L

Mrs. L said...

PS Congratulations on 200 posts!

Miss Squirrels said...

YOu'll be awesomE!
and I am googling flesh colored duct tape-
if they can make it in "zebra"
they can make it in "people"
hee hee

Thank you for the compliment btw- did you catch my "tilt" nod in my last post?Staci

Going Nutty!

misssquirrels@yahoo.com
p.s- you should totally add me to your blog roll:)

Unknown said...

Good luck on your observation...I am sure you'll do great! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Miss Nguyen's Class said...

Don't worry about it. I did HORRIBLE on my last observation and I'm not even exaggerating. It was so bad that my principal asked if she can come and observe the lesson all over again. She said the last two rows on the carpet, the kids were not engaged in the lesson. She also that she can tell that I was nervous and I wanted her to get out of my room, which was true :) I have not schedule my next observation yet, I am trying to put it off for as long as I can. Tomorrow the region manager and my principal will be coming into my room tomorrow for a walk through, fingers are crossing. Boy am I nervous.

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

I'm sure everything will go well :)


Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Kerri Buckner said...

I'm sure your evaluation went fabulous! I had one last week and was a nervous wreck. My kids like to show off when we have visitors and not in a good way. But thankfully they behaved.

Jennifer said...

Hope your observation was great!! Congrats on your 200th post!

Jennifer
The First Grade Dream

Pam said...

I know your observation went great! Congratulations on your 200th post. Hope you are doing great... I have missed my friends in the blogging world!

Popular Posts