1. Lamination! Not only do we have new rolls of lamination, we also have an extra laminator! Last year our lamination ran out by January, so having an extra laminator, complete with rolls, is a BIG blessing!
2. Butcher paper! We have 2 extra racks of butcher paper in every color of the rainbow. As with the laminator, they came with our new principal. Her old school was closed this year, so she got to bring a lot of things over when she moved to our school!
3. New secretary! I haven't even met her yet, but already I am loving her. They are cutting a new window in the office wall this week, so that the office is more open. No more locked doors and inaccessible secretary!
4. Space! I found out that I can move my computer away from the front of the classroom - the last secretary just didn't want to be bothered with the forms! This will free up so much space, plus before my computer blocked the a/c vent and one of the few bulletin boards in my classroom. I'm moving it to the back of the room, apparently the paperwork to get the internet cable moved is super easy lol!
5. Time! Since all of my kids are in school now, not only do I not have to pay for daycare, I don't have to rush 1/2 way across town to drop off or pick up my youngest!
Okay, I'm feeling better now - will definitely be even better when I can get into my classroom next week and can get some of this stuff out of my living room! Oh, and I found a few deals at Ross today. I stopped in to see if they had any blouses for our new dress code, and not only did I pick up 3 very nice tops, I also got these:
Gorgeous ladybug coffee cup, humongo-sized for only $3
Coat rack for my friend's Beachy classroom for only $4!
What are you thankful for this year?